LifeScan are a world leading diagnostic systems manufacturer with a turnover of over $2bn. More than 20 million people depend on the company's OneTouch® brand products. The Company employs around 2400 people and was acquired from Johnson & Johnson by the Global Mergers, Acquisitions and Operations Company, Platinum Equity, for $2.1bn in October 2018. The Divestment budget was set in excess of $60m.
The Challenge :
To divest the highly complex, integrated and critical LifeScan manufacturing application environment from Johnson & Johnson, within a regulated framework (ISO 13485 GxP).
KNG Scope :
To lead the programme within a regulated framework (ISO 13485 GxP). To work with partners in the USA and Switzerland to manage the successful transitioning of all critical events and milestones on time and to budget.
Success Criteria :
Delivered prior to the agreed TSA date (within 8 months)
No unplanned downtime
To embed ourselves with the local teams and become closely aligned to the operations business, this allowed us to plan the work around the LifeScan manufacturing calendar. To ensure continued productivity we phased the project :-
- Qualify and build new Infrastructure in LifeScan
- Build network bridge between JnJ and LifeScan
- Move critical databases from JnJ to LifeScan
- Re-direct critical applications and qualify
- Move critical applications to LifeScan
- GxP validation of critical applications
- Move critical line hardware
- GxP qualification pf critical line hardware
- Global application migrations
- Delivered ahead of time with no TSA impact
- On or under budget
- No unplanned downtime
- Minimal business disruption
- Detailed planning removing risks associated with complexity and dependencies
"I would highly recommend KNG Partnership. They quickly became part of the solution, leveraging their depth of expertise to deliver a successful outcome for LifeScan”